Thursday, October 9, 2014

Week Seven


I personally did not enjoy any of the readings this week. They all do technically fall under the category of Digital Humanities though. All of the readings, focusing solely on Young-Hae Chang Heavy Industries, involve a lot of noise and movement, which stimulates the reader in a way that plain text cannot.  The reason I want to focus on Young-Hae Chang Heavy Industries is because I found it to be the most difficult to read, which made it more interesting. Along with having background sound and flashing words, as the other stories/poems do, it also involved colors. Aesthetics is a huge part of the human brain and the way we perceive things. Children’s’ books involve pictures and colors because the brain favors those things, especially in a child. Plain text rarely involves colors which mean that it is automatically less appealing than something that does. Though, as I stated earlier, I did not really enjoy any of these digital readings, I do feel that future writing can be improved if they follow the footsteps of Young-Hae Chang , solely for the use of flashing colors.
 
The flashing colors were very distracting, which made focusing on the words a challenge, that some probably enjoy. In the future, if the colors weren’t so flashy and obnoxious, I think that they could be used to aesthetically please the reader during their experience. Overall, I found this week’s pieces to be very overwhelming and feel as though they pull away from the art of writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment